Toy Batteries Can Be Deadly. Don't Let This Happen To Your Kids

Children who suffer injuries from batteries are more frequently seen in emergency departments.

90% of emergency room visits were related to battery ingestion

The majority of instances involved children under the age of five.

When swallowed, the batteries generate an electric current that liquefies and kills living tissue.

According to the report, button batteries are becoming more common in houses.

To reduce or completely eliminate battery-related injuries, experts think new laws and improved battery designs are required.

Swipe Up for more Stories